Skip to main content

Family Bonding

Bonding of family is very essential to Filipino culture, that was I observed. Although I did not experience it with my family, I valued it so much. I grew up in a family that has no good relations, yet it did not stop me of dreaming when I have a family of my own, I will implement it.

How important is family bonding? So much I think. When there is harmonious relationships, good communication and one common likes its comes from good bonding. At least a monthly outing of family, of course according to father or mother(for single parent) budget. For a low income earner, mall tripping is enough. Strolling around, a little bit of shopping and eating. Or maybe, in summer, a swimming plan for the family. Some like it on swimming pool , on different falls nearby municipalities or province. Financial is always with it. But beaches on oceans is the best to go to. Surfing, different kinds of rides are offered, such as boat riding, banana boat, speed motor boat, and others. Others offers long stretch of zip-line. That needs ample budget of course.

Moments like these is so essential to every family. For the head of family, a time to be unwind from from that kind of work for a month. It refreshes ones mind and heart. Children develop more closeness to their parents. The laughter, the hug, enjoyment in eating different from home atmosphere that you eat together. There are times that one of the parent eats at their office or site of their works. Some goes home late at night and seldom see each other unless week end maybe.

Me, a single parent to my sons; see to it even in their childhood to have a family bonding with them. Though were so poor then to be able to go on places, still tried my best to implement my dreams. We have small plaza in Buhi, Camarines Sur, there’s also lake Buhi to stroll along the side of walk raft. I bring the two of them, a peso of ice cream and bread or fried banana is already a great joy for them. Can’t even afford to buy small television, so a comics is alternative. Its for rent for a peso even 50 cents. Play volleyball, tennis, “diolens”(a small glass ball) a kind of game here. Swimming, yes, there is a swamp where we live, they had able to learn swimming. Or hiking to mountain, walk a long trail, and have some Indian mangoes, banana, kamote(sweet potato) and vegetables as well as coconut. We don’t buy them, it’s free. You can ask it from relatives.

No one ask me any of my sons) “who’s my father or where is he?” I just tried to always hug them when they were small and tell them the truth. I tried hard with Gods help to give them the necessity I could give. I never forget to tell them how much I love them. Hug and kiss is so important to growing children. I did not nag my children or talked to them nasty words. To help your children develop a good character and have a good kind of mentality, mature and intelligent talk to them and treat them as matured one. They grew up seeing me how much I cared for them, nourished them with love and care. I tried to cracked joke sometimes.. good family ties too, and effective.

From working for 3 and ½ years in the office as telex operator the in a communications in Ayala, Makati, I was force to resign for my eldest sake. No one to take care of him who’s barely 1yr only. That is the start of my downfall in financial. Have gone different kind of work just to be able to live. When my youngest came to being another responsibility was added. But I am not a coward. I face it all, against odds they said.

Now their heads are up on me, saying, how did I able to let them finish college? Love is the key, my faith in God made me strong. Even up to now that they are working now, we had able to Tagaytay, Baguio. Hongkong, Sorsogon. Swimming at Tanay, Antipolo.. and soon to Quezon. Sad to say, for the moment my youngest has no work. But then, every payday we go to Divisoria for fruit shopping and some clothes, or to malls and eat, A break after a hectic schedule of hardworking.

Walking them up in the morning for work? A kiss on forehead, a gentle tap on shoulder or massage their feet and arms is a good to let them got up. A delicious breakfast and dish for lunch. A prayer before leaving, a kiss from them on my forehead too and says God may take care of you two the whole day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAKATAN, THE BANANA WITH MANY BENEFITS AND USES

One of the most healthy, nutritious and have many medicinal benefits which can be derives from it. It can grow from poorest to richest type of soil and bears fruit with success. It requires moist, deep, fertile and well- drained soil. A fertile sandy loam or loam soil is best. Banana has many kinds of varieties. Among them are “Abuhon”, “Dali-an”, “Cardaba”, “Saba”, “Lakatan”, “Latundan” and “Morado.” HOW TO PLANT: Suckers must be 11 to 20 cm in diameter and weighs 2.3 to 2.7 kg., cuttings some part of leaves, leaving the two youngest. Cut back 10cm above the rhizomes for maiden suckers. Corm obtain from healthy suckers that have no fruits yet. Use corms with cut tops at 10 to 15cm in diameter with good bud. Dip the corm in a solution containing fungicide and insecticide plus spreader sticker. Use hand gloves and mask when dipping corms, dip it for 5 to 6 minutes, then dry under the shade. PREPARE LAND: Plant either the whole or cut it into pieces, having at

CONSTRUCTION WORKERS: I SALUTE

My attention was caught as I sit by our windows, praying of what’s interesting topic I should write. We’re almost one year now here on our new house it’s a small subdivision only. Yes, peaceful but a lonely place for me. Houses here were still few; so many lots are still vacant. Every month, one or two houses are constructed, just like this month. One is near along our side, the other across our street. Constructions are booming fast, happy to see how it is blooming every day in the hands of those men. They are the construction workers as they are called, compose of carpenters, engineers, electricians, mason and so on. My late father is a carpenter, mason with a little knowledge on electricity also. That’s why I admire and saluted this kind of men who really does their job faithfully. It started on implementing the right measurements of lot before digging up, setting those lumber woods around. Digging those holes for post, while others busy aligning those steel for post, the

COCONUT TREE- The Most Wondrous Tree

When planted in rows and in groups along the seashores bays, boulevard, produces shades, adding to cool breeze of winds. A suitable place to lean on for two lovers beneath the tree. It grows in tropical areas, rainforest areas and it takes a year or so to mature. One tree can produce 50 nuts. They belong to the family Arecaceae and has 150 species that can be found in 180 countries all over the world. Live on sandy soil, requires a lot of sunlight and regular rainfalls. What are interesting features of this tree? They can be either tall or grow as dwarf trees, 20 to 60 feet tall and 98 for tall trees. They have a 13 to 20 inches long pinnate leaves and can reach up to 24 to 35 inches in length. They are attached to the ground via a strong fibrous roots system. They develop both female and male flowers and matures at different time to avoid self-pollination. Female flowers are larger. Its fruit is known as drupe and ripens after one year. They can produce only from 30